Saturday, March 8, 2014

Bargain shopping trip and a value meal from McDs

So weekends are bargain shopping trip times and this weekend was no different. Stopping by Kroger to pick up the latest Freebie Fridays and then treat myself to a dinner out - also known as select a couple of items from the Dollar Menu at McDs.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - bargain trip at Kroger - total amount spent less than $8
 So what did I get at Kroger? I had coupons for free bread and frozen vegetables, both Private Selection brand and I settled for frozeon soybeans and a nice Chiabatta bread that goes well with butter and jam. I also picked up the Friday Freebie Chobani yogurt. Then used up coupons for a free Skintimates product and Gevalia K-cups in Cappuccino flavor. I also found some clearance priced Fage Greek Yogurts and then finally remembered that I needed butter in the house. Not only did they have the big tub of margarine on sale, but someone was nice enough to leave a coupon for $1 reduction on the fancy margarine behind that I happily used to save some more on my trip.

So less than $8 spent and enough groceries to go for another week. Saturday morning was well spent.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - Dollar meal at McD and the freebie cafe drink aka chocolate covered strawberry frappe!

No comments: