Wednesday, August 15, 2012

From the makers of Splenda- Nectresse, an all natural no calorie sweetener

Through smiley360.com I was given an opportunity to try out a new no calorie sweetener from the same manufacturer that brought you Splenda. But this new sweetener, Nectresse, is even better; it is all natural.
Nectresse is made from Monk Fruit, a fruit endogenous to China, where it is used in traditional medicine, but also as a sweetener because of the natural sweetness of the flesh.
an image of Monk Fruit from here
I was very happy to see that the new product was made by McNeil Nutritionals because I love the flavor of Splenda. It does not have a chemical aftertaste and really, in my opinion, most closely resembles sugar among the available artificial sweeteners. With Nectresse being all natural, I was very much looking forward to trying it out.
Smiley360 was very generous, sending me lots of samples (each with two packets and $1 off coupon) as well as a large container to keep for myself.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - contents of my sampling package - so much to share with others
copyright Durhamonthecheap - best part, each sample comes with $1 off coupon!
copyright Durhamonthecheap - what better use for any sweetener than a nice cup of tea!

Adding just one packet of Nectresse to a large mug of black tea really sweetens the tea well. The consistency of Nectresse is identical to sugar and it certainly sweetens well.

If you want to find out more about Nectresse, you can find a lot of information here!

For example that one packet of Nectresse provides all the sweetness of two teaspoons of sugar without all of the calories. I can vouch for that - it truly is an effective, natural, no calorie sweetener.




No comments: