#partner @penguinrandomhouse Thanks for the free book
I started doing Pilates when I was sick with a serious respiratory infections years ago and despite recovering, I was left weak and unable to walk eve3n short distances. Pilates allowed me to quickly build up strength, even though the first few weeks were leaving me sitting down multiple times during each trainer-led session.
These cards have the benefit that you can do them on your own, at your schedule and without any equipment needed other than a wall to work with. The deck contains 75 exercises that range from simple to more difficult and focus on strength, stability or flexibility. Therefore the use of the deck can lead to a very customized workout to fit your specific needs, priorities and abilities.
Pilates is low impact, but highly effective. So I recommend to start off slow and focus on your priorities. It is okay, like I did when I started my recovery journey, to sit down more often and scale back the difficulty level. The important thing is to stick with the exercises and soon you will feel better and see the impact of the consistent exercises.
If you can, I would try to do short daily sessions, focused on the different body parts like core or shoulders and then as you feel comfortable extend time or difficulty to take your exercise to a more challenging level.
I really enjoy pilates and these cards are awesome because I can now fit in exercises into my schedule and focus on areas that are important to me. Currently, since I am sitting a lot at work, I focus on core to make sure I prevent future issues with lower back pain.
This book was provided free of charge to me in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have not influenced by any third party.
No comments:
Post a Comment