Saturday, October 3, 2026

Book Review - Two Truths and a Lie: Fun Facts, Unusual Knowledge, and Trivia to Test Your Wits by Drew Basile

  #partner @penguinrandomhouse Thanks for the free book  

This book will teach you something and you have fun in the process. The book has a number of chapters such as food or arts, then provide listings of three each in which the reader alone or in a group needs to figure out which is true and which is the lie. 

Whether you are killing time while waiting at an airport or you are stuck as a group until the movie theater opens, this book will easily move time along and do so in the fun and productive way. I have to say that I was impressed by the facts listed and was really enjoying that I learned something. It is important, and I can even after ready just a few pages, to check each word and focus on the questions. These are not intended for little kids - even though they can certainly learn. But the book is actually surprisingly challenging for adults too and I would say is more geared towards teenagers and older.

 You are sue to learn something in the listings for the 12 chapters included and no peeking because the solutions are at the end - so you have to use the brain first and then flip all the way to the back to see whether you were right. 

I like the versatility of this book because it can be used by one or a group of readers and the variety of topics covered are sure to find something of interest for everyone. If you like crossword puzzles or trivis games, this is the perfect book for you. 

 I highly recommend this book for the trivia fan and have it at home for when you need to have something on hand to make waiting easier or simply look for a fun way to entertain a group. 

 

available on amazon.com

 

 This book was provided free of charge to me in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have not influenced by any third party.  

No comments: