Wednesday, October 26, 2011

6oz steak dinner at Outback Steakhouse - used my coupon today - Review!

Today I used my coupon for a free 6oz steak dinner at Outback Steakhouse, I chose the Outback Special 6oz Sirloin classic, which is seasoned and grilled.
The description from the menu states: Classic Seasoned & Seared is Our classic bold style, seasoned & seared on a red hot grill.

As a side, I chose a baked potato with sour cream and chives. They always serve nice warm bread and butter as an appetizer and I chose Pomegranate Ice Tea.

I have eaten at Outback Steakhouse several times, but mostly as a mystery shopper that was supposed to sample new menu items. So this is actually the first time that I have eaten their classic Sirloin steak. It was very good. The food was piping hot, both meat and potato. I could really taste the spices that the steak was rubbed in. They gave a nice kick to the meal. I had ordered the steak medium, which for Outback means pink on the inside. This preparation really brought out the flavor of the meat and allowed for the spices to come through nicely and complement the steak flavor. I did NOT use steak sauce and I would not recommend to anyone covering up the flavor of this sirloin with any kind of sauce. If the cut of meat is good and the preparation is good, no steak sauce or sauce of any kind is needed.
The baked potato was hot and created a nice contrast to the cool sour cream added on top. They add a generous supply of sour cream and most importantly fresh chives to the potato. If the potato is good, it can really be ruined by adding dried chives. Fresh chives have a much more intense flavor and provide a nice crisp texture to the smooth sour cream and soft potato.
The Pomegranate tea was not sweet at all and I could really taste the Pomegranate. I had to decide between Pomegranate and Mango, but because Mango Iced Tea is more frequently available, I opted for the more unusual Pomegranate flavor and I was happy I had done so.

Overall, I was very happy with the meal and can recommend their steak in the classic style for anyone who likes to treat themselves to a steak dinner. Since it comes in three different sizes, it will suit the small and not so small appetite.

No comments: