Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Product review: Pirate's Booty Aged White Cheddar Rice and Corn Puffs

One of the goodies that arrived yesterday in my package from Real Moms love to eat was Pirate's Booty Aged White Cheddar Rice and Corn Puffs. They are available in two different sizes from Amazon. I link to one oz portion bags here. I never had a product from this company before, but I really enjoyed this snack. Best of all it is healthy for you.
Amazon lists the health benefit of the product as 130 calories per serving and 50% less fat than regular puffs. Again, for some people requiring a gluten-free diet, this product is all natural, baked, and kosher--trans fat, gluten, and cholesterol free. It has not surprisingly gotten great reviews on Amazon and I am definitely considering buying these snacks regularly now. The have other flavors available, such as BBQ and Sour Cream and Onion. The listings on Amazon from Pirate Brands is linked here.
The texture of the puffs is very light and fluffy. They are not greasy at all and the cheddar flavor is very natural - you actually think you are eating real cheese with this product. I am myself picky when it comes to cheese flavor and so if even I like this flavor and call it real cheese, the company really generated a top product. I got a sample of 1/2oz and it was just the right size for a quick pick me up in the afternoon, although I have to admit that the excellent flavor made me want to have some more. I really feel that this company proves that healthy food can taste good. This product makes it hard to believe that it is healthy because the flavor can certainly rival, if not trump, other snacks. I really liked the fact that I could snack on these puffs while at work and without having to go and wash my hands to get the greasy smell off like I do with many other snacks. 






No comments: