Sunday, July 27, 2014

Smiley360 Review: Sleep Number Beds and IQ technology

As part of a smiley 360.com mission, I visited the Sleep Number store in the Southpoint Mall in Durham, NC. I had previously visited the store, but they always have new products and I even this time, I learned new things. The visit was impressive because I finally realized why I have such a hard time sleeping in my back. My sleep number was determined to be a 35, which is relatively low considering the maximum setting is 100.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - the entry model for Sleep Number, a queen runs about $999. Very comfortable!
 Even at the entry model, the comfort you can experience with one of these beds is amazing. I felt as if sleeping on clouds at the lower setting and when upped to 100, my back was hurting and I now know why I never on the back and only on the side. The most important thing to realize is that when initially laying down in bed, your back muscles are still active, so a hard mattress seems fine. But as you lay there and relax and go to sleep, your muscles relax and what seems like a good, supportive mattress becomes a torture chamber.
copyright Durhamotnhecheap - they always have sales and you can follow them on Facebook to learn more about specials
 The prices are very reasonable and for the comfort you are getting they are definitely affordable. Check out the store or like their Facebook page for additional information on savings and specials.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - this bed is mire adjustable. You can see the split mattress, this allows adjusting the height
 If you go to the store, you benefit from being able to see the different style beds for yourself. The baseline model and all models have the Sleep IQ technique to maximize comfort. But some additional features that are available in higher end models include a temperature control or the ability to adjust the height of the bed as seen in the one model pictured above. That way, one pillow is all you need, but you can still have your head elevated while in bed.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - this is the model, with temperature adjustment. You are never too cold or too hot in bed!
 The one above is the top of the line model, but you can never tell, because when properly made, it looks like a regular bed. But from the side, you can see the connection for the temperature control. It also has the split mattress to adjust the height of the bed and then of course included is Sleep IQ mode.
copyright Durhamotnhecheap - the catalog, which has all models and prices. Pick on up at the local store!

Overall, the staff was very friendly and after seeing the difference between 100 and 35 in settings, I am actually considering a Sleep Number bed for the next bed. I usually sleep on the side, but maybe getting an adjustable mattress would mean I could finally sleep on my back.

Again, like their Facebook page for more information about specials and bargains or simply stop by the local store in Southpoint Mall to see how the beds from Sleep Number are constantly evolving.

Update:
Today I received an email as a follow up to my trying out one of the Sleep Number beds. It has a nice graphic that shows where my pressure points are when comparing the various settings. On top, the settings was 100 (= before) and you can see all the red and orange that indicat pressure points. Compared to the adjusted setting of 35 at the bottom, the lack of orange and yellow indicates that I lay much more comfortable on that bed and had much fewer pressure points.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - my personal sleep settings at the adjusted rate of 35 show fewer pressure points

Disclaimer: I visited the Sleep Number store in Durham, NC as part of a mission by smiley360.com. I will get rewarded in exchange for the visit and my honest review of the Sleep Number technology. The opinions expressed in this post are solely my own and have not been influenced by any third party.

1 comment:

Shauna S. said...

I really want a sleep number bed. It looks so comfy. Our bed is completely shot too.