Saturday, July 27, 2013

Goodies box from July 2013 - a couple of my favorite items + a big thank you to their customer service

I have previously reviewed the Goodies boxes that I receive each month and this month was no different. But for the first time I had a hick up in the box. The initial box that I received was missing some items. I initially only received three items instead of the five items planned for this box. Bot no worries, I contacted their customer support and also posted on their Facebook page and within a few minutes I had received a response and an assurance that the missing items would be shipped to me soon. No kidding, I had both missing items on my door step within a couple of days and so a big thank you to the customer service at Goodies for doing things right!

Because the box for July appeared in stages, I will post a review of a couple of items instead doing the full box review as usual. What I will present is the beverage included this month, which was a sparkling orange mango flavored water, as well as a bag of jelly beans-type candy that contained a variety of cherry-flavored candy which contained real cherry juice.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - the fruit water in orange mango flavor with zero calories
 The fruit water was awesome. It really tasted like the perfect combination of orange soda and mango flavor and, best of all, it contained no calories. I loved the little sparkle that was added and made it fizzy. The water was refreshing and tasted great. I added lots of ice to keep the beverage cold because despite the zero calories, the soda was quite sweet. But the flavor was intense enough that you could add lots of ice and still maintain a very flavorful beverage.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - the cherry candy in 9 different flavors, all shaped like cherries and rich in Vitamin C
The next item I will review was the cherry-flavored candy that was made with real cherry juice and contained lots of vitamin C. The bag contained cherry candy in 9 flavors including cherry vanilla, chocolate cherry, Bing cherry, cherry kiwi and cherry daiquiri. While I was not too fond of the cherry daiquiri, I loved all the other flavors and it was certainly a gourmet-type treat that could be enjoyed as a little snack in between meals.

In addition to these two items, I received the following three items:
  • Jalapeño and Sea Salt Chips by Sugar Foods
  • Grain Crisps Sea Salt by Crunchmaster
  • Cinnamon Crunch by Cosmo Creations
All three items were excellent. My favorite was probably the Cinnamon Crunch, which were little corn puffs sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. A very light, but flavorful treat.

Overall, for $7 a month I still believe that Goodies is a reasonable priced treat. We do not go to the movies and really for less than the price of one admission to the movie theater, you get a little treat box that you can enjoy and that exposes you to new products each month. Very little risk for the money involved and ever so often you find a product that you really fall in love with and then you can order a regular size product from Goodies. Goodies currently runs a special on many of their products, which makes them cheaper sometimes than Amazon since Goodies also offers free shipping from time to time. 

Disclaimer: I received the items in the Goodies box by paying a $7 subscription fee and all opinions expressed in the blog post are solely my own and have not been influenced by any third party.

No comments: