Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cravebox review: Coffee lovers box - December 2012

I received recently my Coffee Lovers Cravebox and I was very excited about the contents because I love coffee and was sure that I could use whatever was included. With subscription boxes one of the drawbacks is that you do not know what precisely will be included and so in several boxes may be items that you would normally never buy. Lucky for me, I am pretty good about finding uses for pretty much anything that I can buy at the store, except maybe canned sardines etc. So my subscription box experience has been very good.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - some contents from my Coffee Lovers box (coffee & syrup)
When the box arrived, I was not disappointed. It contained Tully's Coffee in French Roast flavor (just like the Cooking Light box) and a smaller bottle of Torani syrup in French Vanilla flavor. I have not tried that flavor from Torani, so I was particularly excited about that addition. The above picture shows me enjoying some quiet afternoon coffee break with French Roast + French Vanilla syrup (sugar-free) in my new Bodum French Press single serving cup together with some cookies, European style, that I had picked up at Aldi. I do have to admit that investing in a French press makes the Tully's coffee taste even better and the cookies from Aldi are perfect with the slight vanilla flavored French Roast that I now regularly prepare each afternoon for my coffee break.


In addition to the syrup and the coffee, the Coffee Lovers box contained two biscotti from Biscotti Brothers and a small sample of high fiber breakfast cereal from Barbara's.While the breakfast cereal was not that special, I really liked the biscotti. They were individually wrapped and tasted fresher than the Biscotti I usually buy the store. In addition, the almond flavor that was common to both biscotti samples was finally strong enough for my taste. One sample was just traditional almond flavored, the other had fruit flavors mixed in as well. Both tasted good, but I still prefer the traditional biscotti with just almonds and possibly dipped in chocolate. So the biscotti with just almonds was my personal favorite!
Overall, I was quite happy with the contents. For the price, I got a bargain. The only thing I would have changed is to include a different kind of Tully's coffee since we had the French Roast in a prior box and I would like to sample a different kind of Tully's coffee. Yes, I can go and buy a different blend, but part of the fun with subscription boxes is that you get products as a surprise selection and it forces you to try out some things you would normally not buy, even though you are curious about how they taste!

copyright Durhamonthecheap - contents of the Coffeelovers Cravebox!
Disclaimer: I received the contents of the box through Cravebox in exchange for a subscription fee and an honest review. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by Cravebox or any third party.

No comments: