Saturday, August 23, 2014

Influenster made ma a great present - I get to try out the new Keurig 2.0! (before it hits the stores)

After a week at work, I came home on Friday and wanted to relax. As always I checked my email and got a wonderful, absolutely unexpected surprise - my affiliated with Influenster has gotten me into a program to try the new Keurig 2.0 for free. That's right, I will be getting a new, fancy Keurig coffeemaker after years of trying. I will spare you a description of the scene that the person I was chatting on the phone had to listen to, let's just say - decorum went out the window and if I had not been sitting with a computer on my lap, I would have probably jumped out of the chair and done a happy dance. This gift rivals the occasion of my getting a Kitchenaid mixer years ago; a transactions that involved survey points to Ipod nanos to Ebay transactions to Paypal money to mixers on clearance.

 Now my buttercup yellow Kitchenaid mixer will have to share the spotlight with the Keurig 2.0. The box is allegedly already in transit and so it should get here very, very soon!

So what is so special about Keurig 2.0? It combines the best of all Keurigs so far and then some. It can use the vue capsules to make cappuccino. In addition, it still makes the regular single serve cups of coffee. But the new thing about 2.0 - it can make a carafe of coffee, 4 coups in one brewing cycle. So when you have guests, no more standing around and waiting for each cup to brew. Now you host your guests with a carafe, make the cappuccino for some of your guests and brew a single cup of flavored coffee for you to toast yourself after a party well hosted!
 Prices for the Keurig 2.0 are in line with other Keurig brewers and range from $140 to $200. Very reasonable indeed, when considering that to handle all capsules in all sizes, the Keurig engineers actually resorted to Lego models according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
 The four carafe K-cup is larger than the usual K-cup and when one considers that the vue capsules are also being handled in the new Keurig 2.0, the engineering team did have their work cut out indeed. I of course cannot wait to get my Keurig 2.0 in the house and start brewing. We have a Keurig at work and my personal favorites are the Vanilla Caramel coffee, the more traditional Nantucket blend and the cold-brew iced coffee with my little Keurig tumbler. Here is me sipping coffee from my old freebie Gevalia maker, counting the days!




No comments: