Sunday, November 25, 2012

Harris Teeter grocery run - coupon shopping

Today I needed to pick up something for Sunday dinner and decided to use my bzzagent coupon for Oven Ready chicken by Perdue (value up to $11). I also saw that Harris Teeter had milk on sale for less than $3 a gallon, which is very, very cheap and figured I could probably find some other items on sale that were reasonably priced and fit into a bargain hunter budget.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - Sunday grocery run at Harris Teeter
I bought the above items for less than $11, not bad. The yoghurt was on sale at 3 for $1, it is the generic store brand, but it is good and the light version. 33 cents is about as cheap as you find yoghurt these days in the smaller portion. I wish they had more sales on yoghurt, it is so convenient to pack for lunch and get some calcium into your diet.
The turkey breast was on clearance with a $2.50 off coupon, which made it half price. I usually buy sliced cold cuts at clearance prices because the portions are small enough that you can easily finish the portion before the actual expiration date and Harris Teeter is really good about putting these on clearance well before they expire.
The red velvet cheesecake roll was a pleasant surprise. Regularly priced at around $7.00, it was on sale this week for $5.99 and again clearance priced for 50% off with a $3.00 coupon. Getting this for $3.00 is a bargain because it is very good and makes a wonderful dessert that is a treat in my household because it is usually so expensive and I hate preparing these rolls because they take time to prep.
Thye last two items are the milk on sale, which is pretty regularly these days and makes me happy because calcium is important in your diet, and then the roaster. I will blog about the roaster later on separately to show how it is used and most importantly how it turned out.
Overall, less than $11 spent, more than $17 saved and plenty of groceries (and one special treat) to last us a week!

No comments: