Friday, November 23, 2012

Product Review: Goodies Company Box - American Vintage Wine Biscuits

As part of the November box by Goodies Company I received a sample of American Vintage Wine Biscuits. The variety I received contained shallots, wine and cayenne for the extra kick. I had never had wine biscuits before, but I love cheese so I was looking forward to sampling something that ought to go well with cheese.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - Wine Biscuits made with real white wine!
When I opened the packaging I was pleasantly surprised that the biscuits were not wafer thin. I was afraid they would be very thin, which would make it hard to pair them with some of my favorite cheeses such as Gruyère. I hate having thin crackers that crumble when you are trying to eat them. But these looked almost like small round pieces of french bread, toasted to a nice crunch.
I had some brie at home and decided to serve these with brie as an after dinner snack.I figured brie was not too overpowering and would still bring out the flavor of the win biscuits. I was right, the pairing of brie and the biscuits was perfect. They went well together and the cayenne kick still came through.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - brie and American Vintage Wine Biscuit - a perfect pair!
So if you enjoy cheese, but you want to pair them with some new and interesting that really brings out the flavor of the cheese - give these American Vintage products a try. Their website is here.
They can also be ordered from Goodies directly. I had the biscuits made with white wine, which you can order here for less than $6 a bag of 4.5 oz (125g). What a nice and new treat courtesy of the Goodies Company tester box. Thanks!

No comments: