Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Product Review: Book Lovers Cravebox - initial impressions

As a member of Cravebox, I get to select from time to time limited edition boxes that contain a mix of new and interesting products to review. This October, Cravebox made a book lovers box available to its members. For the price of $11, you get the box delivered to your house, well packaged and the selection is usually interesting - this box is no exception.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - Cravebox Book Lovers with licorice, soy mix, book and a bracelet!
Not surprising, the Cravebox contained a book; the novel How I came to sparkle again by Kaya McLaren. it is set in a small Colorado ski town and describes the lives of three people. I actually ended up getting an advanced copy since the book will not be available until this month.

The next item was a soy nut mix from Crum Creek. This is a new company for me and the mix is a 1oz package with soy nuts, chocolates, raisins, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Curious to see how I like it and I may have just stumbled on to another company to get my snacks from. I am always on the look out for new snacks that combine interesting ingredients, while still being healthy.

Then I almost jumped when I saw the next item - a bag of strawberry-flavored licorice from Natural Vines. I love licorice, so this was perfect for me. Can't wait to try this new licorice. I also had never heard of Natural Vines before this Cravebox and I am happy I can sign up for services such as Cravebox because it is a wonderful way to get to know new products and companies.

The last item in the box was a wonderful surprise because it was so unexpected. It was a Gratitudes bracelet from Alexa's Angels, a company producing inspired gift. It is a flexible bracelet with wooden beads that are separated by metal cubes that end up spelling Gratitudes.

Overall, I like this box. Not the usual food or cosmetic selection, but perfect for the rainy days we right now have in North Carolina.



Disclaimer: For a small fee to cover shipping and handling, I received the items described in the blog entry. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by Cravebox or any third party.

No comments: