Saturday, January 4, 2014

Product Review: Herbal Essences Volumizing Naked Volume Bundle

I was able to sample the new Herbal Essences shampoo "Volumizing Naked Volume" thanks to a sponsored campaign that provided me with a $50 gift card to Walmart to order the product online. In the beginning of January, the product will be available in stores and you do not have to order online. The online order combined with store pick up was really easy. I had set up an account on walmart.com and entered my gift card to make sure I was all set. Ordering a couple of kits took a few minutes and then it arrived within a couple of days at my local store. 
copyright Durhamonthecheap - the products look like designer products and the scent is great and refreshing!

At the local store during in store pick up was probably the only time I would give a negative rating to the whole experience. The wait was so long because, even though it was before Christmas and returns should have been fewer than after the holidays, I waited about 30 minutes in line because my local Walmart store has pick up in the same line as returns and seemingly customer service in general. Thank god the company in line made up for the wait because we literally had a grand old time poking fun at the "excellence" in customer service we were experiencing, recounting stories of equally disengaged service staff at other places (the local post office comes to mind as usual) and so the wait took less of our nerves than otherwise. But it got a little bit intense when one staffer simply walked away. Several customers tried to call attention to the headless, make that staffless, line that had now formed using tactics such as punching numbers into the payment pin reader or tapping fingers on the counter to whistling loudly. Finally someone asked whether this line would get another staffer, which caused some thankful nods from everyone in line, stopping just short of applause.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - picked up my new shampoo kit from Walmart.
Finally having my package in hand, I verified in the store that I had the correct product because I was not willing to stand in line again and certainly not after the holidays when returns would peak. I took my purchase home and when I opened the first kit, I was really impressed. The packaging was impressive, well conceived by Herbal Essences and nicely accompanied by the inserts that call attention to the main message of the product, the lack of artificial and possible dangerous ingredients for your hair. I was actually in love with the product right there and then because everything looked clean and healthy, if packaging can appear that way.

copyright Durhamonthecheap -great packaging, nice enough to hand out as a gift!


As I had stated in my earlier review, the Naked in the title refers to the total absence of heavy residues, dyes and parabens - all things that can weigh your hair down and make it appear limp. Therefore the Naked Volume kit is great to revive your hair and give it volume that lasts. I tried it out and the hair feels clean, shiny and really looks fuller.

I have applied the Volumizing Souffle per instructions and one word of advice, you only need very little to see a significant effect. This product is fantastic to boost your hair volume and it will last all day. There is no need to carry hair spray along with you because applying the Volumizing Souffle in the morning will last you until the evening. I even got my hair wet one day when getting caught in a rain shower and was worried that my hair would end up looking flat, but the Herbal Essences Volumizing kit left my hair still full once it dried again. Overall, I am very happy with this product. It works great, the scent is nice and you can really tell a difference in how your hair holds up compared to some other volume-promising products on the market.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - I love that the kit contains everything you need for pampering yourself
 Disclaimer: I received compensation to order the kit through Herbal Essences. Nevertheless the opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by Herbal Essences or any third party.


No comments: