Thursday, June 7, 2012

SOBE Mango Mandarin Coconut Lifewater - tropics in a bottle

Through bzzagent.com I was able to get a free sample of the new SOBE flavors that incorporate coconut water for extra hydrating effects. Coconut water is now all the rage, if you look at blogs about proper hydration, and so I was excited that SOBE now incorporates coconut water into their drinks. I was fortunate that bzzagent sent me a bottle of coconut water with mango mandarin flavor right in my package. I love anything with mango flavor, so I was excited to sample this flavor.
I put the bottle in the refrigerator to sample the beverage cold and then also added some ice to my glass. After one good gulp, I immediately was hooked. The combination of mango with hints of coconut was just right to quench your thirst. Just fruity enough to taste good, but not too sweet and not overpowering. You could still taste the coconut water, despite the mango and mandarin flavors. I do have to admit that the mandarin flavor got lost in the mix somewhat. So if you are looking for a mandarin-flavored drink, this may not be the right one for you. If, on the other hand, you really like mango flavor like me, this is definitely something to consider.

from the SOBE website at sobe.com
Coconut water from SOBE comes in tow additional flavors - Pomegranate Nectarine and Pacific Coconut. I used on the coupons from the bzzagent.com kit to purchase another Mango Mandarin Coconut bottle and then also caved in and got the Pacific Coconut flavor. More blog posts about these to come!
The nutrition information for the Mango Mandarin Coconut water is available here. Overall, at 35 calories a serving, this is a nice addition to the SOBE line of beverages.


No comments: