Thursday, January 31, 2013

Product review; sampling the January Goodies box

I love getting Goodies boxes because the products included are often perfect for the lunch bag. These last couple of days I sampled the hummus and dip, the cookies, the falafel chips and the berry fruit chews. So far, Goodies samples from the January box have been a hit! Everything was outstanding and I cannot wait to go through the last remaining items.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - the January Goodies box!



copyright Durhamonthecheap - chocolate cookies, two in a bag and guaranteed free of nuts!

copyright Durhamonthecheap - nice and crispy as well as a lot of chocolate flavor!
 Of course I had to try the chocolate cookies. With two in each bag, this was a perfect afternoon snack. The cookies has just the right mix of crispy and flaky. I really though enjoyed the flavor; the cookies tasted real like chocolate had been baked into them!

copyright Durhamonthecheap - hummus and chips that do not need refrigeration!

 I also had to sample the hummus. I got the original flavor, which made me happy. I prefer original flavor over the fancy flavors since I actually like chickpeas and so the original flavor maintains the most of the chickpea flavor. As you can see the pita chips were a good portion and I actually had hummus left over to pair with other chips at home after I was done at lunch. The hummus portion was definitely plenty. Everything tasted good. The pita chips were nice and crispy and the hummus smooth and just the right hint of spices.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - the whole wheat pita chips




copyright Durhamonthecheap - Falafel chips and a large portion to boot!
 Today I decided to sample the falafel chips as well as the druit chews. The falafel chips were branded as spicy, but while they were flavorful, I would not describe the flavor as spicy. I could not detect a lot of spice in the flavor and they certainly were not hot to me. I ate the bag by itself; I would recommend using either hummus or a cheese or savory spread to go with the chips.The chips on their own had a nice flavor, but they were not really spicy in my opinion.
The second item I sampled for lunch were the fruit chews. I got mine in berry flavor and berry flavor they had. Opening the bag, I felt surrounded by berries because the bag literally smelled as if filled with dried raspberries. The chews were just the right consistency, not to soft and hard enough to last some time in your mouth. I thought the berry flavor was really natural and strong. These were next to the chocolate cookies my favorite item so far. Going into the sampling I would not have expected the sweet items to beat out the savory items since I usually prefer savory items to cookies and candy.


copyright Durhamonthecheap - the Berry fruit chews, a punch of fruit flavor in the little bag

No comments: