Saturday, April 27, 2013

Product review: Goodies Box April 2013 - including a $50 Wine GC and all for $7 total purchasing price!

Today my Goodies box came for April 2013. I was very excited about this one because it does include a $50 GC for nakedwines.com, a website that I had not heard of before for ordering wines from small businesses. North Carolina has seen an increased in the number of vinyards over the last few years and so I am excited to see how the local wines stack up against the small vinyards from other parts of the USA.

Also included in the box were two bars, one with coconut cashew from True Bar. I love coconut and I love cashew, so this bar should be something I can really sink my teeth in. Another bar was from Zone Perfect, the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar. Sound delicious, but I will have to see whether the cookie dough pressed in a bar is really tasting like cookie dough - I will post an update soon.

This little snack I am particularly excited about sampling, from Olomomo Nuts a sample bag of Righteous Cinnamon Cayenne Almonds. I have been eating from Blue Diamond that Wasabi Soy Almonds because they are wonderfully spicy and the Cinnamon Cayenne Almonds sound spicy and sweet. So this should be an interesting flavor to try and I may have to purchase some more (they could replace Wasabi Soy Almonds as my go to snack!).  The next snack was definitely a surprise.

Who know that Green Giant product veggie snack and not just canned or frozen vegetables. Included in this box was a sample bag of Green Giant Sweet Potato Multigrain Chips. The flavor sounds interesting and I hope that these chips do not taste too healthy. While I appreciate that some companies want to take the guilt out of chips, chips are only intended as snack and if you want to eat chips, you should be able to indulge and get that nice guilty pleasure feeling of skipping on a diet and eating something that will not necessarily make the recommended snack list for every nutritionist. So if the flavor is there, I will be happy. But if they taste too healthy, I will definitely reach for my regular potato chips and just eat fewer!

They also included another beverage. This is one of my favorite parts of the Goodies box, you get a new soda or in this case an energy drink to sample. In the April box, it is from Celsius an energy drink with Raspberry, Acai Berries and Green Tea. Very excited about this drink because I am just starting to discover the benefits of Acai Berries and so this will fit right into my current health kick!

The last snack was the first to be gone. Angie's Popcorn Sweet & Salty Kettlecorn combines two of my favorites, a sweet and salty snack and kettlecorn. I love kettlecorn and so that bag made it out of the box in exactly 5 minutes. Because while compiling this list, I kept looking at the wonderful yellow bag and finally decided that life is too short to put work in front of pleasure. So the bag was started while I was finishing up this review!


copyright Durhamonthecheap - the contents of the April Goodies box!
copyright Durhamonthecheap - did not stick around for long ;(

No comments: