Monday, September 23, 2013

House Party: Butterball Turketarian - so many uses for Butterball Turkey Besides Thanksgiving!

I was selected through House Party to host a Butterball Turketarian party. House Party and Butterball provided me with plenty of gifts, including shopping bags, plastic footballs, magnets, recipe downloads, coupons and several hostess gifts. They also included a gift card for party supplies.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - supplies for sandwiches and pasta salad
I decided to have the party at work because we are all busy moms and I wanted to show my colleagues how to make brown bagged lunches nutritious and healthy (turkey is lower in fat than other coldcuts) with Butterball products. So I went to Food Lion and purchased sliced turkey for a build-your-own-sandwich bar and also to make a pasta salad. I also purchased a turkey sausage to make a stir fry warm dish with peppers and onions. Walmart and Food Lion have a good selection of Butterball products, although I wish I could have found some of the Butterball Deli selections which include pre-cooked turkey items since I could have used then bigger chunks of Turkey meat in the pasta salad. The sliced turkey worked out okay though.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - pasta salad with turkey, peas, Swiss cheese and a light dressing
I was happily prepping salad yesterday and cooking my stir-fry, then hauling the supplies to work this morning where my biggest problem and headache  was how to arrange everything on our usual party table. But I managed to fit everything on the table, put the party gifts on a chair and we started digging in.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - sandwich bar, turkey stir fry and pasta salad thanks to Butterball
copyright Durhamonthecheap - I guess for Halloween this year I will be a turkey!
Everything tasted wonderful. The deep fried sliced turkey really had a nice flavor, was wonderfully moist and worked great on sandwiches. The pasta salad had a nice texture and the turkey, again I used the original deep fried one, added a nice kick because it is more flavorful than the usual turkey sliced at the deli counter. The biggest hit was the turkey stir fry because most of my guests had thought that it would be plain and rather flavorless. But when combined with peppers and onions and sauteed in a pan, the turkey really soaked up the flavor and it tasted great, but was less fattening than regular smoked sausage. The party was a hit, everyone enjoyed getting treated to a free lunch thanks to Butterball and House Party. 

We distributed the party gifts, admired the plush turkey hat and talked about how versatile the Butterball turkey products are. I was really impressed by how well all the prepared food turned out. And the fried sliced turkey was a nice change on a sandwich, I will definitely be buying this more often now. 
Happy party time for everyone today. Thanks House Party and Butterball!
copyright Durhamonthecheap - happy faces thanks to House Party and Butterball!
Disclaimer: I was provided with a party pack by House Party to host a Butterball Turketarian party and provide product samples and product information to my guests. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by House Party or any third party.

No comments: