Saturday, July 7, 2012

Stash Tea - SUperfruit medley with herbal and green tea

In the Influenster Voxbox was a package of Stash Tea. I love Stash Tea and regularly purchase their Licorice-flavored tea, but I am very happy with the selection of the superfruit tea in this Stash variety box.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - enjoying green tea with Pomegranate Raspberry from Stash's Superfruits Tea Sampler
Green Tea is well known for its health benefits and adding superfruit like Acai or Pomegranate seems like a winning combination. In my Voxbox, a box of Stash Superfruit tea was included. The sampler box can be purchased on Amazon here and includes the following flavors: Acai Berry, Blueberry Superfruit, Yumberry Blackcurrant, Goji Berry Green, Mangosteen Green and Pomegranate Raspberry Green. I have sampled the Pomegranate Raspberry and Mangosteen Green Teas and I love both of these flavors. 
I love the fact that I can enjoy the herbal and green teas warm or cold. In the summer, I often let the tea steep for 6 minutes, then remove the teabag and add plenty of ice to make ice tea. It is very refreshing especially with the 100+ degree temperatures we have right now in North Carolina. The ice tea contains no calories and tastes like real fruit. A nice change from the usual ice tea you get at restaurants or my home-made version to which I had some lemon juice to make it more refreshing and add some fruit flavor.
I can highly recommend Stash tea and besides their Licorice flavor, I am now also a fan of their Superfruits Sampler!

No comments: