Friday, December 28, 2012

Bath & Body Works clearance - love this time of year!

This time of year is a good time for bargains. Stores are trying to sell a lot of seasonal items, food specials especially stocked for Christmas, decorations for inside and outside the house etc. But also items such as candles and soaps are being reduced for more than 50% because Pumpkin is considered too seasonal to be sold year round.

Bath & Body Works is one such store and earlier this week, they started their seasonal clearance. This semi-annual clearance means that you can get items for up to 75% off. The sale is still ongoing and you can find bargains for body lotion, candles, shampoo and many other items. The direct link to the sale listing is here.

With such prices, I cannot stay away and bought my supply of body lotion and three of my favorite candles at reduced prices.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - the items arrive well packaged and everything already looks so pretty!

copyright Durhamonthecheap - what to sample first? One of the candles will be lit this evening for sure!
So I got three huge three-wick candles in my favorite scent coconut lime verbena - I love that scent and have almost everything in that scent, including now finally candles. These were $10 each, reduced from $20.

The body lotions were all 75% reduced, including coconut vanilla body lotion and brown sugar fig. I also got a nice little gift set in Japanese Cherry Blossom, which I use to decorate the guest bathroom. This was was 25% off and with a coupon I spent $9 on it. The website indicates a total value of $33 for the items included in the set and the regular price was $19.50.

Overall, I am very happy with my order for around $44. I had a coupon for 20% and free shipping, which made the deals even better. But better than the prices is the fact that I can enjoy the scent of a Coconut Lime Verbena candle!

No comments: