Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Kiss Nail Dress - so many choices, so many uses

I recently won a brand challenge through Influenster.com Voxbox and Kiss Nails. So for the holiday season, I decided to dress up my nails. But rather than apply a whole nail dress to the nail, I used one of the examples given in the Nail Dress kit and cut up an individual Nail Dress into strips that I applied to previously painted fingernails.

Since the Nail Dress was in pink with tiny silver crystal-like objects applied, I decided to use a pink Orly nail polish and call attention to the silver attachments that sparkled under lights.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - combination of Kiss Nails Nail Dress and pink Orly nail polish

copyright Durhamonthecheap - Orly nail polish Beach Cruiser and Kiss Nail Dress Cocktail
The pink in the Kiss Nail Dress almost perfectly matches the pink nail polish by Orly and so you are left with pink nail that have silver sparkle attached to them. I like the silver sparkle in a single or two strips attached to the nail because it creates a little bit more of a variety since you can apply the strip to various locations on the nail.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - the Kiss Nails Nail Dress in Cocktail, a wonderful mix of pink and silver!

While I often apply nail polish, having the nail dress available from Kiss enables me to create a more festive look and that was certainly appropriate for the holiday parties. I may in the future apply nail dress to the whole nail, but I really like this look of applying nail dress to part of the nail because it creates a more interesting look. I provides me with an opportunity to liven up the regular nail polish that I am using and since you can mix and match nail dress and polish, I will probably try the Kiss Nails Nail Dress with a nail polish of a darker color, so in addition to the silver sparkles, you can also clearly see the pink lines of the Nail Dress.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - you can see how the Nail Dress by Kiss livens up the pink nail laquer by Orly!

Disclaimer: The Kiss Nails Nail Dress was provided to me free of charge in return for an honest review. The Orly Nail Laquer was provided to me as reduced pricing through the Allure Beauty Box in return for an honest review. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by Allure, Kiss, Orly or any other third party.

No comments: