Friday, February 15, 2013

Product preview: The battle of the Nexxus haircare products!

Thanks to bzzagent, I got two packages today (in total I found 4 packages in my mail today which all contained freebies - what a day!)

I am now sampling Nexxus haircare products. Nexxus has some very nice products and brought out two new lines of products, Nexxus Salon Hair Care Hydra-Light and Nexxus Youth Renewal. According to the Nexxus website, Nexxus Salon Hair Care Hydra-Light  is supposed to provide refreshing hydration and natural fullness for the hair, while Nexxus Youth Renewal is intended to combat a total of eight signs of aging hair. I will start testing the products tomorrow. But wanted to introduce my readers to these products already, in case someone has tried them and can provide some feedback.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - the battle lines are drawn, which Nexxus line will treat my hair better?

copyright Durhamonthecheap - will Nexxus Hydra Light reign supreme at the end of the contest?

copyright Durhamonthecheap - or will Youth Renewal win out in the end!
 Each line comes with shampoo and conditioner as well as additional products. For my Hydra Light I also received :
  • Hydra-Light Root Lift Mist
  • Hydra-Light Leave-In Conditioning Foam

Both of these products I will sample and I am particular excited about Root Lift Mist because this product is advertised as targeting roots to lift hair for added fullness and body, providing hair with up to 4X volume boost.We will see if I notice such a dramatic effect!

For the Youth Renewal line, in addition to the shampoo and conditioner, I also received the Youth Renewal Blow Dry Spray. This product is infused with VITA-8 Complex™ to build thicker-looking hair by providing weightless volume that lasts all day.Extra volume should be good, especially if it holds up well in humid weather, which is sure to come soon to North Carolina.

The prices for these products are not cheap, most products cost significantly more than $10 and usually are between $13 and $16. But if they work as promised, the products end up being a bargain at those prices compared to saline treatment to add volume or hydrate your hair!

Disclaimer: I received products for free from bzzagent to sample and review. The opinions expressed in this blog post are solely my own and have not been influenced by bzzagent.com or any third party.




No comments: