Monday, February 4, 2013

Product Review: Lean Cuisine Salad Additions in Cranberry & Chicken Salad flavor

Today, I decided to have a somewhat healthy dinnerand start using the  Lean Cuisine Salad Additions packages that I had gotten for 50 cents (on clearance and with coupon) at Kroger last week. I had decided on the Chicken and Cranberry flavor because the salad dressing included (Raspberry Vinaigrette) seemed to me the most likely one that I would enjoy.

I am really picky with salad dressing and so purchasing any dressing is more miss than hit with me. I usually only add oil and vinegar to my salad, but I prefer raspberry vinegar and the Raspberry Vinaigrette included with this flavor of Salad Additions seemed like a natural choice.

The prep is really easy. The box contains several bags
  • the meat and vegetables
  • the dressing
  • the dry ingredient, this could be taco strips or sesame crackers etc.
One of the nice things about this salad upgrade by Lean Cuisine is the fact that you can store the package in the freezer. So if you find a sale, you can stock up and use them as needed. Well, I decided I needed one this evening.

I left the dressing and sesame cracker bags out for a while. When I was ready to eat, I popped the chicken and veggies into the microwave for two minutes and then waited another minute before pouring the contents over the lettuce in my bowl. Finally, I added the dressing and the sesame crackers.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - Cranberry Chicken salad courtesy of Lean Cuisine!
The vegetables smelled nice an fresh and because everything got mixed when I was ready to eat, the lettuce as well as the sesame crackers were crispy, not soggy.

The Lean Cuisine Salad Additions come in four flavors:
  • Asian-Style
  • Bistro
  • Southwest Style
  • Cranberry & Chicken

You can find more information about Lean Cuisine Additions, including nutritional information on the Lean Cuisine page here. While you may not always find them on clearance or have coupons handy, for a healthy, but filling lunch or dinner, Salad Additions by Lean Cuisine are a nice options. Again, I really like that I can buy them and store them in the freezer until I need or want them.




No comments: