Friday, February 15, 2013

Product review: Campbell's Slow Kettle® Style soups

Through smiley360.com, I received a sample of their new line of Slow Kettle Style soups. I received the
Southwest-Style Chicken Chili with Black Beans & Sweet Corn, which was one of my top selection. The total line consists of seven different flavors. In addition to the Southwestern Chicken Chili:
  • Braised Beef Stew with Baby Bella Mushrooms, Roasted Potatoes
  • Kickin Crab & Sweet Corn Chowder
  • Portobello Mushroom & Madeira Bisque with Shallots, Thyme & Sage
  • Roasted Chicken & Chardonnay with fire-roasted tomatoes, aged parmesan & pasta
  • Tomato & Sweet Basil Bisque with Fresh Cream & Ground Red Pepper
  • Tuscan-Style Chicken & White Bean with Asiago Cheese, Thyme & Rosemary 
copyright Durhamonthecheap - my smiley360.com package for Campbell's Slow Kettle Style soups, including socks!


They soups are available, among other stores, at Walmart, where they cost just under $3. This is not cheap, but if they truly taste homemade, this price is worthwhile and comparable to the deli soup offerings are other stores, including the  H. T. Traders brand from Harris Teeter.

The package  contained a number of $2off coupons, so I will sample at least one more flavor. I may go for the Tomato Bisque or the Roasted Chicken. I will see what is available at Walmart and then decide. I usually go for the lower calorie and lower fat choice, unless I really like one flavor better than another one.

So keep an eye out for a future blog post about how the Chicken Chili was and how any additional flavors turn out that I may end up buying. One nice thing about these soups is the fact that you can store them at room temperature, perfect to take to work for
lunch!

No comments: