Sunday, November 25, 2012

CVS bargain hunting - use of ECBs to get hostess gifts

I have been to CVS quite a bit this week and stopped by again today because they had Febreeze items on sale that got me ECBs back and allowed me to use $4 worth of coupons.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - Febreeze run at my local CVS

So I got plenty of Febreeze items and I love these because they make really nice hostess gifts. The small candles or the free-standing room freshener are always useful and can be easily gifted to friends - if they last long enough and I do not use them up first. I love to have candles and fresheners around my house and would like to have every room smell differently, but even at bargain prices that would be too expensive.

copyright Durhamonthecheap - 10ECBs back and out of pocket less than $2
The deal from CVS meant that I had to spend $20 on Febreeze items and then got 10ECBs back for future use. I had $4 worth of coupons from a Procter and Gamble promotion and then used my ECBs from Black Friday to pay for these items (I saved one old ECB code for future use), added a little bit of change and still have 10ECBs left from today now as well as close to 4ECBs left from Black Friday. So I will be doing some more CVS shopping in the near future and I am set for hostess gifts.

What are items you like to stock for hostess gifts? Do you use candles or do you have little guest towels, soaps? Please comment on what you prefer to keep around the house for just such an occasion.


No comments: