Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fair Trade coffee - Green Mountain does it right!

copyright Durhamonthecheap - perfect combination of fair trade Green Mountain coffee and chocolate!
Through bzzagent I was able to sample Green Mountain coffee, but not just regular coffee. Green Mountain is now offering Fair Trade coffee, coffee grown in a responsible manner that will allow local growers to build up income and be self-supportive. I love this concept and the coffee is very good too!
copyright Durhamonthecheap - here is the sampler box that was included in the kit - locally you can get the Colombian!
I have to say that I did find the Colombian Fair Trade variety at Harris Teeter and have been regularly using it in my Keurig. Great flavor, body is full, but coffee is very smooth - nicely balanced.

If you are a coffee addict or just a regular coffee drinker - Fair Trade is something that you should consider looking into. Rather than support the large multinational companies, you can do something for the local growers and ensure that locally grown coffee makes it into your next cup.



Disclaimer: I received a bzzkit containing samples and coupon in exchange for testing and reviewing the product. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by bzzagent or any other third party.

No comments: