Friday, November 9, 2012

Review: Cooking Light Cravebox - November 2012

Today I received my Cravebox, the theme this time was " Cooking Light". Cooking Light is a magazine that contains a lot of recipes for healthy eating and nutritious tips. I was very happy to be selected for this box because I love to cook and I am always interested in trying out new products that are healthy, but tasty.
The box today was different than usual, but in a very good way. It was huge and heavy, plus it came in a cute blue box with a white painted-on ribbon - very nice. Cravebox always takes great care to wrap everything up nicely and safely and the packing material is usually color coordinated; this time the theme was blue and white. Below you can see me opening the box and revealing the blue/ white Cravebox!


The next part is always the most fun, unpacking all the contents! based on the weight, I was expecting lots of things and the box did not disappoint. Cooking Light and Cravebox really went all out to select products for us and cram them into a box that was more than moderately priced (I hate to use the term cheap - but the pricing was definitely a bargain for the products included).
The box included:
  • McCormick's Perfect Pinch Salt Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning
  • 40 packets of Nectresse, an artificial sweetener made from Monkfruit (I reviewed this earlier)
  • 12 oz bag of Tully's French Roast coffee
  • 3 Dole Fruit Crisps
  • Bottle of Torani sugar-free salted caramel flavored syrup (I reviewed Torani syrup last year)
copyright Durhamonthecheap - contents of the Cooking Light Cravebox November 2012
 I have tried the fruit crisps before and love them. I will actually now microwave them and serve them as a warm dessert treat - never even thought of heating them up when I bought them some time ago. The coffee will be served tomorrow when I have some people over for an afternoon dessert / lunch combination. Nectresse I use regularly now because as a natural sweetener with no calories, it also have no chemical after-taste that I can discern. The bottle of Torani is a new flavor for me, salted caramel, that I have been wanting to try for quite some time. I believe it was new last year because coffee chains all of a sudden offered salted caramel lattes as the new item on their menu - very happy about that item in the box. The seasoning from McCormick I will try. I use a lot of herbs, but I can see myself using a ready seasoning mix, especially since it is salt-free, which is important to me. I am just surprised they include two bottles of the same seasoning mix, I would have hoped for some variety - maybe a bottle of something for white meat and another for vegetables or fish.
Overall, great selection and the price was fantastic!

Below is now the long video of me going through all the items in the box.




Disclaimer: I was provide the contents of Cravebox at a reduced price in exchange for sampling the items and providing an honest review. The opinions expressed are solely my own and have not been influenced by Cravebox or any other third party.

No comments: