Sunday, June 16, 2013

Product Review: Private Selection by Kroger - Breakfast items such as Bitter Sweet Orange Marmalade

Thanks to bzzagent.com I was able to get some free Kroger products from their Private Selection line of budget-friendly gourmet quality items. I picked up a large bottle of Amber colored maple syrup as well as a jar of Bitter Sweet Orange Marmalade.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - my Private Selection items by Kroger, Marmalade and Maple Syrup
 This afternoon, I decided on a very typical English snack. I grabbed a couple of slices of bread, toasted them and added some butter and then the Orange Marmalade from Private Selection. Together with a nice cup of Cafe au Lait this was a perfect afternoon snack.
copyright Durhamonthecheap - English-style afternoon snack, Toast with Jam and then a cup of coffee!
The Orange Marmalade is awesome. It has just the right balance of bitter and sweet, mixed in with a distinctive orange flavor. I will savor this marmalade for afternoon snacks at home because I want to sit down and enjoy it and not be rushed as I would be at work.

The jar of marmalade was around $3 at the local Kroger and the bottle of Maple Syrup retailed for around $8 at the S. Roxboro Kroger in Durham. Both are okay prices and the marmalade is definitely worth the price because the flavor is outstanding and similar to the really expensive imported English marmalade with bitter orange flavor. So the Private Selection line by Kroger for the fans of British Orange Marmalade like myself is definitely a bargain.

Disclaimer: Through bzzagent.com I received free coupons for Private Selection items sold at Kroger, including the marmalade and the maple syrup. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by any third party.

No comments: