Saturday, June 29, 2013

Subscription Box Review: Goodies Box June 2013

copyright Durhamonthecheap - contents of the June 2013 Goodies Box
Above the contents of the June 2013 Goodies Box. While not necessarily the most healthy ingredients, all products are new to me and as such the Goodies Box serves me well for the introduction of new products.
Included in this box are
  • Pringles Stix Cheese 
  • STAX Que Rico - Adobadas Chips 
  • Duchy Originals - Highland Shortbread
  • Dream Water Nighttime Nectar
  • Pastitas - Tomato Basil Pasta Chips 
  • Gimme Health - Honey Dijon Seaweed Crumbles
So which products am I particularly excited about? For starters definitely the Seaweed Crumbles are unique and something I have never heard of before.  I am familiar with seaweed flakes that are served over rice and I love those to add extra flavor to my plain white rice. I was introduced to the seaweed flavor by my first roommate in college, who was half Japanese, and would routinely add seaweed flakes to rice for added flavor. They did take some time to get used to, but after a while I actually missed not having the salty seaweed on my plain white rice from the rice cooker. This seaweed is different since it is actually flavored to taste like Honey Dijon. So it should even for someone like me who is used to seaweed flakes be an interesting experience. I will like try some plain and some mixed in with other food, most likely a rice.

The next item I am curious about is the Dream Water that is supposed to relax you and help you sleep. Not having any insomnia issues myself, I may actually try this instead of the Advil or Tylenol when I have migraine. I usually treat my migraine, which are not too bad, with some pills that allow me to fall asleep, but instead of some pain killer PM version, I may just take the sleep water and see if the relaxation will do the trick on my headaches.

Other than that - who does not like shortbread cookies, chips and cheese sticks? The rest of the Goodies Box sound delicious without even trying the products. The Pasta Chips are certainly new, but I love pasta with tomato sauce, so having that flavor in a dry chips mix should be good and the Pringles and Stax products sound really tasty.

Disclaimer: I was provided the contents of this box for a nominal fee to sample and review online at Goodies.co. The opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and have not been influenced by any third party.

No comments: